WHERE TO TAKE THE VISITOR (ANOTHER WAY TO GO AROUND BUENOS AIRES)

Resultado de imagen para bosques de palermo





I think, this is my favourite subject...
It is very important to understand firstly if the visitor is a friend or family, or we are speaking about a workmate or a visitor on a business trip. But, I consider myself an informal person and I like to treat a visitor as a close friend... without being disrespectful obviously, and taking him/her to sightsee Buenos Aires, but in a little different way than usual.

Firstly, I'll pick the visitor up at the airport and drop him/her off at the hotel for check-in, giving him/her time to freshen up but setting up a meeting time to take her/him to go round the city.
If my visitor is starving and it is early in the morning, I would like to take him to El Malvón in the neighbourhood of Villa Crespo. This place has an exquisite bakery with scones and puddings, toast with home made marmalade and an excellent coffee.
Meanwhile, my visitor is recovering from overeating, I will pick him up in my car (because he can no longer walk) and take him to tour around some places in the city, some places that will help him/her digest breakfast, such as the Forests of Palermo, Costanera Norte or the Ecological Reserve.

When my visitor has recovered his vital signs, I will take him back to the city centre on an unusual tour through 'Buenos Aires Mysterious Tour'. On that tour, he / she will learn something about our the local history, such as that the Pink House (the official President's office) was once a fort built to protect the city from foreign invaders, or why San Martin, one of our national heroes, remains in the Cathedral if he was a Mason, finally I will take him /her to the Recoleta cemetery.

Written by Maria Tanaro.

Comentarios

Entradas populares